Monday, September 6, 2010

Dear Fall Out Boy,

I chose to start with you because you were my all time favorite band when I was fourteen. I still remember the day that I bought From Under the Cork Tree. I brought it home from Target, ripped open the packaging, put the CD in my stereo and let the words of "Our Lawyer Made Us Change the Name of This Song So We Wouldn't Get Sued." It was a great song. About not being sellouts and laughing at the people who tried to make you all turn into sellouts.

So I'm pretty sure you get where I'm going with this.

There has never, ever been a band that has been more willing to sellout than you. It started with your bassist/frontman, but the rest of you quickly caught up. It became official when it was announced that Jay-Z would be the producer for Infinity on High.

The band that every fan invisioned as always being a little punk, and a lot of rock is gone. It has been replaced with a giant, rotting, disgusting pile of fail. There are few bands that have ever reached that point. You'll be happy to hear that you are at the top of the list.

I am one of the fans who honestly couldn't care less that you broke up and no longer exist. It's for the best as there was no way you could ever recover from what you had become. The world will be a better place without you. Though your older stuff was amazing, your new stuff was your downfall.


Oh, and PS: Pete Wentz is not the only reason Cobra Starship is famous.

No comments:

Post a Comment