Saturday, September 18, 2010

Escape the Fail

Escape the Fate was one of the most amazing bands I had ever heard when I was a sophomore in high school. I had most of their CD, Dying is Your Latest Fashion, memorized. It was eveything a depressed fifteen year old could ever ask for. The songs were loud, rebellious, romantic, and angry. It was as though the words new me inside and out. It was perfect.

Unfortunately for this amazing band and all of their origional fans, their lead singer, one Ronnie Radke, was an idiot, a junkie, and now, a convict. He was arrested and sent to jail for armed assault and possession, and therefore, asked to leave the band.

Wait, asked to leave? I don't think they really had to ask him, it wasn't a choice. It would be a little hard for him to do anything for the band behind bars.

However, he was the band. He was the voice, the heart, and the soul of everything Escape the Fate had been. So you'd think that the band would have just ended right then and there. There's no where that they could possibly go.

Nope. They hired Craig Mabbitt as their new lead singer.

First of all, Craig Mabbit is the former lead singer of Blessthefall. Second of all, he has admitted to being an alcoholic. And last, but not least, the band is now one of the worst bands I have ever heard.

If I walk into Hot Topic, and "The Flood" is playing, I leave. That is how terrible they have become. I can tolerate listening to rap for hours, because I know that the second I get the chance, I can listen to what I want to listen to. There are few bands that disgust me to the point the Escape the Fate has disgusted me,

I'm not saying that Craig Mabbitt is a terrible vocalist, because he's not. I am, however, saying that the band he is currently playing for, should have at least changed their name. They are not Escape the Fate without Ronnie Radke. Even though he's one of the biggest idiot/jerks on the planet.

Well alrighty then. I feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment